Wednesday, November 7, 2007

beige and other colours make me relax



So if you were following the events of myself being contacted on the onion personals ( see two posts ago ) I have an update for you:

I decided to go ahead and contact this cinderellagirrl because I appreciated the work she put into imbedding her email secretly into her message... So I replied to that email through my rarely used safe for spam email account by saying something like "I like codes and cyphers and stuff, am I talking to the right person? -Messaged"

I got a reply, including these two pictures, and this message:

Hello !How is your day?

Now I would like to tell you some more details about myself. I'm 24.
My birthday on October, 17, my name is Natalya. I never got married
and I live alone!My mother has died 5 years ago, my father has died 3 years ago! At me did not remain relatives! Since I graduate from
college I have been working in children's hospital. When I have spare
time I go the gym to do sports because I take care of my body, also I
like to dance! . I like to travel and visit different places, but my
work does not allow me to do it frequently. I have many friends, we
spend the time together, play billiard, tennis, and have other
entertainment. I don't have many pics myself, but I try to find some
more pics. I send you my picture so you can an idea of me more
closely. I want to confess to beeing a sweettooth , I like ice-cream,
cakes, candy. But I can allow it seldom because not to be fat. What
else can I say to you about myself? I love beautiful clothes and
different things of light colours. Light-blue, pink, beige and other
plain colours make me relax and even feel better. And what is your
favourite colour? Please Ask me some more interesting things about
yourself. How do you prefer to relax? What is your character? What is
your preferable qualities in women? Do you want to have a wife? You
can also ask me questions in what you are inetrested in. I impatiently
wait for your letter and eager to answer all your letter. And of
course it will be pleasant for me to receive your new photos and even
want to learn about you some more information you. Write to me, I
wait. Your friend Natalya.


****

I went back to copy over the message I got on the Onion but this is what greeted me:

System notice: The body of this message has been removed as this member appears to have been abusing our terms of service. By blocking this member's message, we reduce the incentive for future abuse and thereby provide a better overall experience for our members - we apologize for any inconvenience.


*****

So I guess this is some kind of a Nicole Kidman in "Birthday Girl" kind of scam.. I think it may have been brought on by one of my profile answers:

Fill in the blank: _____ is sexy; _____ is sexier.
a fake russian accent is sexy; an undeniable physical attraction
is sexier

****

So now I wonder if I should respond to this email and try and string this along some more or not...



I'm going to go with not.

No comments: