Monday, April 14, 2008

101th post

Just realised this is the 101th post, I'll save the celebration for my 250th.

I have been sick for the last few days, really under the weather, and speaking of weather, the dryness here in E-town is killing my face.

I did get to spend some quality time cleaning my room and found my copy of Fushigi Circus in a pile of papers and newsprint. I thought it might have been pinched from my desk at work, finding it made me feel much better.

Got a bunch of new music too*, and am at the point where a new mix cd is worming it's way into my mind... that's the way these mixes have gone down in the last 3-4 years. I always think that the one I finished is my last one, but then I get some new music and after a while a couple of combinations come to mind, then a couple more, soon enough I will have thrown a few together in mixmeister. Then I'll let them settle for a bit, listen to what I have, let that simmer, make adjustments, fill it out to 50+ minutes, at this point I'll normally cut a big section or two and rearrange things. There always seems to be a hidden gem or two that reveal themselves soon after that, maybe an old overlooked tune, or a new album with a song that falls right into place. This mix I'm stewing over now is going to be based on the theme of driving east, out of edmonton and through the prairies. This will complete the last edmonton mix I made, An Edmontone: heard alone that was made in the months after I arrived here.

*Can't stop listening to Heron Song and Skeleton Aim, by Hello, Blue Roses

*******
Just the other day I re-upped my most recent mix: Rappin with the Gods .... 60-70's funk and soul.... available here for a limited time... enjoy!!!
*******

No comments: