Thursday, May 15, 2008

KIDS IN THE HALLL!!!


One of the earliest influences on my own comedy stylings (after Gordon Korman) were the Kids in the Hall. I'm not sure if it was because it was on after my bedtime, or if it was because of the blue language, but I wasn't able to watch the first season or two of kids in the hall on tv (I was in grade 4 at the time). Fortunately the cbc station's audio could be picked up on the leftmost edge of the FM range on my radio. So my first experience of the show was with my boombox snuck under my bedsheet, listening. I would tape these episodes for further review and so somewhere out there are a handful of 60 minute generic brand casette tapes with most of the first season.

They are back and on tour this summer and I got tickets to the show on the 18th here in Edmonton. I am very excited.

Picking any one sketch to post is futility, so here is one chosen at random:



These guys are the foundation of my enjoyment of 'sketch' comedy, here are a few thematically linked funnies:



No comments: